HIL 0.00% 2.3¢ hills limited

Hi wds the only reason they have lasted this long is because...

1. 305 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Hi wds the only reason they have lasted this long is because they have sustained themselves by asset sales, anything they could lay their hands on. Now they are in a situation where there are no assets remaining to sell. Every little rabbit hole they could hide in has been filled in. Every little nook removed. They are in a situation now where they must operate profitably to survive. No more life support. No more extravagance with expenses that don't generate revenue. Margin becomes important, but balanced against competition that might be hard to sustain. Every dollar has to be justified.
    Let's just hope their balance sheet is clean, no surprises, with their reconciliations up to date and justifiable. Let's hope intangibles are appropriately valued.
    They are now in the position of having to manage, control and be in charge of their own destiny. I don't think they are experienced enough, too set in their old ways. If they can't make it work now there is literally is nowhere to hide. If they can't generate surplus cashflow they are in big trouble. Even losses due to non cash write offs would be problematic as another loss would potentially put them in negative shareholders funds. I personally can't wait to see if they can do it. First half will give us a bloody good idea.I am not holding my breath for a great outcome. Just watch depreciation, amortisation and finance expenses blow them up along with their high salary costs for management. Personally I don't think they know what to do next.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.