HIO 3.85% 2.7¢ hawsons iron ltd

The location is interesting. Myponie has long been a prospective...

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    The location is interesting. Myponie has long been a prospective deep sea port and was declared a major project in 2013 by the SA govt.

The SA govt seems to understand the need for a bulk size deep sea port to unlock the exporting power of the Braemar potentials. Infrastructure Australia currently lists "South Australian regional bulk port" as a Stage 2 proposal and a potential location for it is Myponie.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the pipeline SME is exploring a line to Myponie. After all, Bryan was in Adelaide two weeks ago meeting with the key infrastrcture stakeholders at the South Australian Chamber of Mines & Energy (SACOME) event. It could be to put in a concerted effort to push for the development of the much needed new port with the likes of MGT?

It is in the SA govt's interest to push this along if the Braemar hopefuls actually look like they will start producing as I understand the export royalty it receives will be 5% of the price? With only $100/t the govt will receive $100m in royalties/year from HIO alone assuming 20mt output per year. If MGT and other miners join, the revenue would be pretty sweet. Hence, I agree with Tran that the more miners come alive within the region the better our collective chances.

SACOME's 2018 report for the goverment that lobbies for more infrastructure for the Braemar miners is an interesting read. It mentions how HIO is adequately supplied with energy and water (being located in NSW) vs MGT which stated that energy and water are hurdles to overcome (these are hurdles specified by MGT themselves so please don't hurt me). Obviously our biggest hurdle is the funding but next comes the port!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.7¢
Change
0.001(3.85%)
Mkt cap ! $27.24M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.7¢ 2.5¢ $29.90K 1.151M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19231 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 331934 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.