YAL 2.60% $5.25 yancoal australia limited

Ann: HKEx Monthly Return Notice April 2021, page-5

1. 10,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1410
    This is the end to a long article that will be in 'The Australian' paper (print edition) on Monday 17 May 2021:

Coal goes to the heart of sustainable development and everyone’s right to a decent quality of life.

It is a central conduit to reaching the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including the provision of “affordable and clean energy for all”.

It allows for the 770 million people without electricity the ability to access light, heat, fuel for cooking and transportation and all the other essential services like hospitals and schools we take for granted.

There is nothing preventing the provision of energy to those who currently lack it.

So, let’s stop all the “virtue-signalling”.

Coal has its place as a clean commodity.

The conversation needs to transform and address how we are going to “phase in” new technology rather than how we are going to “phase out” coal.

I believe in clean coal technologies the same way I believe in renewables. All energy sources have their strengths and limitations. But they are all part of the energy transformation solution.

If our motive is truly to deliver a sustainable, net zero-emission future — and given the facts — then isn’t it time to start a different inclusive conversation?

Michelle Manook is CEO of the World Coal Association

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YAL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.25
Change
-0.140(2.60%)
Mkt cap ! $6.932B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.39 $5.42 $5.17 $22.95M 4.374M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8790 $5.25

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.26 6233 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YAL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.