NUH 0.00% 8.1¢ nuheara limited

1) Its not the same space. There was no hearables space, it was...

1. 1,050 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1482
    1) Its not the same space. There was no hearables space, it was something various manufacturers tried to push to distinguish their product in the consumer bud space. We have now a OTC space which is a gov defined and regulated medical device category. Big difference. Being regulated also gives consumers confidence that the device meets strict criteria whereas before all the consumer could rely upon were manufacturer claims. That is not the case, manufacturers have to get proper FDA clearance. Again big difference. 2) the distribution channel now is a medical device distribution channel not the consumer bud channel which contain all and sundry. You appear not to have made this important distinction that we are dealing with medical devices as classified by the FDA and not consumer devices. It is now a specific and distinct category. A consumer bud cannot be sold as a medical device. Why there is continued reference to the old consumer bud space is unclear. 3) the point about distribution is there is now a specific medical device OTC channel. You appear to still think its the usual consumer bud market. 4) Terms will differ depending on the end distributor, I have addressed this before. My understanding is the these initial shipments will be invoiced on dispatch. 5) The OTC market was created to address the issues of cost and access. Its a specific market segment, why would this segment be buying fully fledged hearing aids worth $4-5k usd? 6) NUH end game imho does not appear to be making and selling buds but selling its ip. Hence Realtek and no doubt other oems. Long term why would nuh want to remain in the manufacturing game? The HP pro is just one prong that is in play. I suspect with Realtek etc hp pro may well look like pocket change.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.