AVR 0.00% $15.00 anteris technologies ltd

Ann: HSV-2 Interim Results Announcement-AHZ.AX, page-160

1. 1,142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Anyone who expected 100% reduction numbers clearly didn't do their research into how these vaccines, or indeed, the virus itself works.

Some on here are getting worked up about the mention of correlation between lack of outbreaks in both the test and placebo groups. Here are some facts about the herpes virus:

1.) Herpes outbreaks continue to decline in almost all cases in the normal population carrying the virus. In fact, most of those infected won't even have an outbreak. Many more will be mild.

2.) Of those that do suffer a severe initial outbreak they will go on to have no more.

3.) Of those that do have more than one severe outbreak they will go on to have far less over time.

See the pattern here? If you want hard numbers go look them up yourself. I have to go to bed and can't be bothered.

However, in most cases asymptomatic carriers often continue to shed the virus at intervals in any given yearly period. And this is exactly why testing for viral shedding against a baseline is the gold standard in testing if a herpes vaccine is effective and working. Based on the information we have been given or lead to believe this vaccine is, based on this small test group, world class. This may change based on further data in the future.

Finally, I'll be interested too see the numbers for the same test group re: viral shedding in a year. If the results decrease, increase or stay the same.

If you're invested in this company long term for the vaccine and don't even know these basic facts about how this virus works that you're an idiot.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.00
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $317.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.00 $15.00 $14.36 $82.01K 5.582K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50 $14.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.00 5141 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.