HUM 0.60% 82.5¢ humm group limited

sorry my statement was vague.To clarify:Its important to not...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 7,505 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1103
    sorry my statement was vague.

To clarify:
    Its important to not associate management decision making with movements in the share price. In the short term the market is a voting machine not a weighing machine, therefore if there is excessive pressure to enact management decisions to 'boost' the share price, then by definition there is a serious risk that such management decisions are short term in nature and detrimental to the long term growth of the company.

Far better in my opinion to view management decisions through a prism of analysing the financial statements over time (ie not just a single financial statement but how management decisions have 'flowed' through the financial statements).

The reality is that hum over the last 5 years has been in a strategic renewal, this has been a structural issue forced on it by a changing borrowing market. Many of its historical products were becoming both uncompetitive and of less relevance to the market place. (I am old enough to remember the old flexi rent when buying a computer, it was popular in its day in the late 1990's and early 2000's, but not relevant today).

Therefore hum has had to strategically adapt to this new world.

Mistakes have been made, but overall I am very happy with management performance as reflected through the financial statements. I do not judge management performance with reference to the share price. As an investor I am a part holder of the underlying company. And its focus on the underlying company that I want management to focus on.

If management achieve this, then the share price will take care of itself one day.
    Last edited by noomxx: 23/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.