HUM 2.11% 48.5¢ humm group limited

Ann: HUM - hummgroup financial position update, page-66

1. 183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    My thoughts atm:

Tangible book value 90c / share vs Price per share 46c / share. Mr Market is saying Goodwill is 0 and maintainable earnings will contract with all the cash being burnt over time.

However Duncan Saville is saying I'm a buyer here because I see value. It's still a small bet for him but it does look like he will be a substantial shareholder soon if not already. There also seems to be constant buying at these levels by other players with a large $2m fund manager trade happening at market close today. Andrew Abercrombie was also a buyer but whether to block the sale probably weighs more then a purchase of being deep value.

I'm also sure that tax loss selling is contributing to some selling lately and a depressed price. All in all I think its a wonderful bet that there will be a future deal that will be value accretive at these prices. Over the next year if this goes back to 80c that's a 60% return from an average buyin of 50c. If it takes 2 years to unlock value that's IRR of 26%. Still not bad.

I'm really looking forward to the next rounds of results to get a better feel for HUM.

HUM has become my largest holding so am biased towards a positive result. Please fact check and your own research.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HUM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
0.010(2.11%)
Mkt cap ! $238.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 49.0¢ 47.0¢ $114.0K 238.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.5¢ 2682 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HUM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.