TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

I've just registered myself for the TGR call next week. I was a...

1. 394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    I've just registered myself for the TGR call next week. I was a little surprised at how it seems to work. Has anyone attended one of these meetings before and can give me a run down on what happens? I thought there would be a URL provided, but it looks like I need to dial a 1800 number and, I guess, follows some prompts.

With all the possible (and they are only "possible" at this stage!) negatives dragging down the share price it feels like there is no expectation going into the half yearly results. It's not a bad position to be in. If results are poor, surely most, if not all, of that is built into the share price already and nobody will be surprised. If management has done an excellent job in controlling costs, diversifying revenue streams, and prawn production is up....and growth and revenue is flat, I'd be happy with that. I feel we only need to meet the low expectatioins set and all will be well. Anything more than that, and the market will respond positively.

As for Huon, they've had a fire, a broken net, and theft. It doesn't pay dividends; earnings per share and shareholders' equity is going backwards. Huon might sell a delicious product, but I'm not surprised it's struggling in a tough operating environment. It wasn't producing good number even before 2019. It is a competitor to Tassal in that both companies farm and sell fish, but that's where the similarities end. I have no doubt we won't be having a massive half year to report, but if shorters are assuming TGR will be as disappointing as Huon, it's kind of like comparing a VFL team to an AFL team. Both play football but that's about it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.