ZIP 1.75% $1.60 zip co limited..

Ann: HY22 Results Update, page-42

1. 4,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5015
    I agree there has been a lot of bad behaviour on these threads, but to try and pin that as the cause for the price action is so naïve as to be unworthy of engagement. You can go ahead and continue quoting top-line numbers, but the rest of the market is clearly focused on bottom-line in the current macro environment. There's some quite clear contradictions in this announcement, such as the fact they pin the increase in bad debts onto "less mature expansion markets" whilst at the same time lauding their expansion all over the globe into 14 international markets. What kind of projections does that give for bad debts in the longer term....? Just remember that when ASX management say they "remain confident in the outlook for the business" that's akin to the dreaded football 'managerial vote of confidence' (which often results in said manager being sacked the next week). If the outlook is rosy, you normally don't have to pledge that in your announcements. Ask yourself honestly: why do you think Afterpay managed to sell themselves to a tech giant? Why is Zip trying to hurriedly arrange a Vegas-wedding with Sezzle?

I'm just sharing my read of it, I've followed Zip a long time but never bothered posting on these threads because the discussion was so toxic. But reading that announcement today was another level. It bodes very poorly dropping such an update like this only 2 days out from the proper call. That's my opinion - and I could be wrong - but time will tell. Wednesday will probably be a big day either way. GL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.60
Change
0.028(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $1.811B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.60 $1.62 $1.57 $9.370M 5.855M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 73876 $1.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.61 149466 34
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.24am 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.