IVZ 2.94% 7.0¢ invictus energy ltd

Ann: Hydrocarbon gas recovered & evaluation program forward plan, page-704

1. 1,671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1176
    The shale obstructions and wash outs didn’t prevent them from completing the first few runs on wireline. So logically you would think that if we are only planning one super combo run before the fluid sampling run in the sidetrack, then this would be the lesser of our challenges.

I would have thought differential sticking of the wireline cable once the MDT is stationary will be the main challenge. Although Scott said in the webinar that they did obtain pressure readings from the Lower Angwa upwards. So they should be able to use that data to determine the mud weight and drill as close to balanced as possible in order to minimise this risk of sticking.

If it was up to you on this job @Kiwigeo8339 - would you start the fluid sampling on wireline at the deepest station and work upwards. And just stay at the first location as long as necessary to obtain good samples, regardless of whether the cable is sticking or not. With the contingency plan to just run in over the wireline to free the cable and fish out the tool on pipe. Then complete the remainder of stations on drill pipe working up at out the hole (logging while fishing)?

I think I’ve asked this before but it just seems like a logical and robust way of achieving as many samples as possible regardless of hole conditions.

The other one I was curious about - if they have a good idea where the zone of differential sticking is, would it be possible to plug this zone up on the way down by using a heap of LCM when they drill through that part of the formation? It might sacrifice it as a sampling location, but shouldn’t this minimise the effects of differential pressure which causes the sticking?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.002(2.94%)
Mkt cap ! $99.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.9¢ 7.0¢ 6.7¢ $101.9K 1.487M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 6.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.0¢ 354854 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.