IVZ 1.49% 6.8¢ invictus energy ltd

Ann: Hydrocarbon gas recovered & evaluation program forward plan, page-932

1. 700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 319
    @kiwigeo

"I would like to have received a clear statement that the sample chamber contained only gas and no water"

I fully agree and therefore to avoid drawing the wrong conclusion regarding no Discovery in the Pebbly Arkose, we require the detailed lab results as soon as possible.

Petere stated it looks to be "fizzy water", but I doubt he has actually seen the sample. Fizzy water is his interpretation of a poorly worded statement in yesterday's report.

My feeling is they thought it would contain mainly water (formation brine and mud filtrate mixture), but in reality it contains mostly gas with a small amount of water. The lab results should tell us if it is small amounts of condensed (distilled) water or mud filtrate or a mixture of both filtrate and formation brine.

I also believe the log resistivity response could be reading abnormally low because of the presence of Illite clay. Resistivity also reads lower in a high porosity environment. In addition, much filtrate would have moved into the lower Pebbly Arkose because it was open for 4 weeks or more and we expect the amount of filtrate invasion to be large because porosity has been estimated at 20% and ntg around 25%.

If the sample is confirmed as gas plus small amounts of condensed water and/or mud filtrate, then surely a Discovery has been made?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.