ASM 3.11% 78.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

"(ASMH) has awarded Hyundai Engineering Co., Ltd. (HEC), a...

1. 227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    "(ASMH) has awarded Hyundai Engineering Co., Ltd. (HEC), a company based in South Korea, the contract to provide engineering, procurement and construction definition work (EPCD) for the Dubbo Project."

Without being in the industry of building anything (except medium-term paper losses at the moment) and without seeing the detail, or knowing much about anything -- I understand "... construction definition" is not the actual build, but the way to build.

"Completion of the EPCD will allow HEC to produce an open book cost estimate for the Dubbo Project. This will form the basis of an EPC offer by HEC to deliver the Dubbo Project."

Maybe HEC / ASM could initiate some long-lead time items during the EPCD process, to bring forward the "delivery" date, but I could not imagine the build work taking less than 12-18 months after the EPCD is complete / EPC offer accepted -- so perhaps Dubbo starts (some) operations in 2024-2025?? Meanwhile, it would be good to have another MP somewhere, maybe EU / USA?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.0¢
Change
-0.025(3.11%)
Mkt cap ! $141.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
80.5¢ 81.0¢ 77.5¢ $427.1K 536.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2053 78.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.