ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Ann: Icon Energy identifies promising geothermal , page-2

1. 8,558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2831
    re: Ann: Icon Energy identifies promising geo... after todays announcement (more dreamtime stuff imho), I cannot help thinking about the similarities between the operational aspirations between BPT and ICN.
    I am not commenting on the performance or prospects, just the similarities.

1. hot rocks - Beach has big share in SA geothermal wells being drilled as we speak. so they have knowledge and experience
    2. Gippsland - BPT has big share in Wombat area with LKO. BPT is pursuing unconventional prospects in that area. Supposedly Beach was underbidder in those new permits which ICN picked up.
    3. CSG - Beach has plenty of experience with CSG - so ATP626 and Stanwell deal would be readily managed by Beach, and that GSA with Stanwell would be attarctive. Could beach supply Stanwell from other resources if need be?
    4. conventional oil - Bpt is hugely experienced in conv oil/gas- so would readily deal with ICN conv assets.
    5. of course the big one - ICN interests in C/basin. Surely BPT would covert the ICN interests in ATP855 and PEL 218?
    It would make sense for BPT to consolidate the C/B interests of both BPT and ICN.
    Clearly BPT sees its future growth as lying in Unconv oil and gas in the C/B. Its spending a great deal of money, resources and mgt time pursuing this goal of shale oil/gas, and there must be plenty of advantages in consolidating the interests of both coys.
    6. MOU / GSA - maybe BPT sees some benefit in MOU/GSA??
    7. SP of ICN is at real low point - BPT is the ultimate opportunistic feeder and trader of assets.
    8. BPT SP has rallied lately
    9. perception of quality of mgt of both coys - need I say ICN mgt would be perceived to be far below that of BPT.
    10. BPT cashed up
    11. ICN s/h got the "pips", and would be open to an offer.
    12 register is fairly wide open - BPT would need to get RJ onside - ANZ would gladly bail out - and Baldwins also if value there.
    13. a scrip bid (maybe with a cash component) would be attractive to me - I would be far more comfortable with BPT paper than ICN as a rule.

maybe something could happen????

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.