ICQ 0.00% 53.0¢ icar asia limited

Ann: ICQ achieves record cash receipts, page-5

1. 6,512 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1912
    Fantastic quarter.

They extended their market leadership position in all key markets of Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. I am surprised they have started to monetise the Indonesian market - I did not expect this to happen so soon given that it seems to be market lacking most in maturity. They must be very confident.

I saw an article today about mobilwow raising a "high six figure" sum in funding from some local Indonesian investors. I couldn't help but laugh at the piddly sum.

There was an interesting fact in the article. The CEO claimed that "In terms of traffic, Steven claims Mobilwow is the number one locally owned car classifieds site in the country. He says the site has been getting more than 1 million monthly visits."

I don't know whether their 1 million monthly visits are from unique buyers, but I know that iCar asia reported that it had over 1.7 million unique buyers visiting the site in June.

More recently in the latest announcement, iCar asia reported almost 2 million car buyers in September, and I presume they still mean unique buyers.

So Mobilwow can only claim market leadership when you exclude all foreign owned companies.... what a useless claim to make.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.