AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

hi scarps , as you know I and family and friends have a...

1. 1,810 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1461
    hi scarps , as you know I and family and friends have a significant investment here for many years . I don’t post too often but watch closely . I have taken a systematic approach to this latest move by AVZ mgmt and I wholeheartedly approve . The effect on our investment has been immense and totally unwarranted and this must be examined in the most public and impartial arena - ICSID. I could stop there .

it’s worth reading about icsid in detail . It’s also worth taking stock of chinas position in the global market , its weaknesses , relationship with the west and the Wests assessment of its influence in Africa . Then do the same for DRC govt . Then Africa generally .

it’s a bold move but justified . We are being mistreated with massive implications to our investment . I think that there is always room for a negotiation and have been calling for it for a long time . I believe that the icsid will recommend this but maybe from a fairer starting point for AVZ . AVZ will follow their recommendations and DRC will probably comply so long as the Chinese are sated satisfactorily . I think a monetary sale would give AVZ the best outcome and may give the best option to realise the greatest % that they have been fighting for .
    I don’t believe that DRC will confiscate in retaliation although this is possible but would force a whole legal claim in the western spotlight . Not likely . Conversely I don’t think Icsid will recommend 75% stays with Avz and asks drc to comply . So the Chinese bite won’t be fully released . Negotiation on the pipeline. It might just be the exercise that brings all parties to a realistic position . NF absolutely right to draw a shit or bust line under this crap and in doing so shouldn’t spare anyone’s blushes - we done nowt wrong, acted in total good faith and spent a ton of money developing the prospect .
    Eric

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.