CAJ 1.61% 31.5¢ capitol health limited

“If they get through due diligence – never a small task – the...

1. 4,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 517

“If they get through due diligence – never a small task – the deal would just about close the gap between Integral and No.2 player Sonic. The bigger platform should be better able to navigate that teleradiology/AI world, with Integral having made a start on the teleradiology front.

Shareholders on both sides are claiming a win, which is rare: Capitol’s like what managing director Justin Walter has done, but are worried the stock is too small, too illiquid and too well-owned by small-cap funds to get rewarded for the gains; Integral’s understand the scale argument, and think blending the two companies’ different approach to compensating doctors is a good thing.

It’s not the first time they’ve been down this path. The smaller Capitol had a crack in late 2017, but Integral fought it tooth and nail and did some bolt-on acquisitions of its own. It took a while for the bad blood to dissipate.

Interestingly, those talks in late 2017/early 2018 also played out while sector bigwig I-MED was in play. Private equity firm Permira ended up buying it from rival EQT – its third PE owner in a row.

Whenever I-MED is in play, everyone gets a bit jumpy. It sets the tone for the sector.

Hopefully, this time around, Victoria-focused Capitol and NSW/Queensland/NZ-heavy Integral can put aside their differences long enough to get their deal done. That’s what both sets of shareholders want. Neither is a gem on its own, but together they could create value.

The risk is that a private capital group swoops in with a cash offer for either Capitol or Integral and drives a wedge between the merger partners. If that happens, watch the bad blood spill over.”

part of an opinion piece in AFR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.5¢
Change
0.005(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $335.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.5¢ 31.5¢ 30.5¢ $676.8K 2.174M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 325773 31.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
31.5¢ 459998 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.