WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

Hi @Bayer3 - it's a classic bird in the hand, two in the bush...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Hi @Bayer3 - it's a classic bird in the hand, two in the bush situation with WSA. What people do will depend on their risk appetite.

There's a guaranteed payout of $3.36 sometime after the vote in April next year. Say 4-5 months away.

There *might* be a higher payout of say $3.70 (maybe even as high as 4, but very unlikely to be higher) if another bidder comes in.

Or you can sell today at prices which have gone up to $3.51.

The difference between $3.70 and $3.51 is only 19c - a bit over 5%.

Some sellers may be thinking that they can take the money now and invest better to get that 5% and more over 6 months somewhere else.
    Some sellers may be thinking that rumours of a bidding war are just rumours and better to take the premium now over the guaranteed $3.36 in 6 months time.

I'm happy to hold right now and see what happens - as others have said, the market is rarely wrong. Especially for WA companies which are home to the biggest collection of loose-lipped mining gossips in the world. There's a good chance Twiggy could make a play - if I recall correctly, he personally got $4B in divvies from FMG alone - so $1.1B isn't necessarily even something he'd have to borrow.

But if it goes much over $3.50, then I'll be sorely tempted to reduce some (but not all) of my holding.

Last edited by Dochico: 17/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.