IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

Well my take on this is this is significant news – arguably one...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 739
    Well my take on this is this is significant news – arguably one of the most significant updates the company has given us to date!

So we now know the patent has been filed following on from the provisional patent that was in place and of most importance is the following paragraph “ Importantly, the filing of the patent application secures the filing date of the application and the claims within it. An interim analysis of the data from IHL’s ongoing phase 2b double blind randomised placebo-controlled clinical trial was performed and these results have been included in the patent application to support the claims. “

So the company has unblinded the data from the initial patients involved in the trial to support the patent application. IMO from my knowledge of how patent filings work, this tells us two things : firstly and most importantly the results must be good enough to support the claim that to date IHL-42X has had a statistically significant impact in achieving its primary endpoint/s. Secondly I assume it demonstrates synergy as all patents require the demonstration of an inventive step, and in the case of IHL-42X the inventive step is to prove that the novel combination of acetazolamide and THC work synergistically in combination to achieve a superior result than the constituents on their own.

This is enormous as if this is the case its basically telling us that IHL-42X is working in humans and if that’s the case we are well and truly on our way!

The other tell-tale clue here is the ethics approval for the open label extension. To quote the announcement “The open label extension study will recruit people who have experienced a benefit from IHL-42X in the phase 2b trial and will assess the therapeutic benefit and tolerability of IHL-42X in those patients over an extended timeframe.” IMO they would only have sought ethics approval if firstly patients to date have experienced a benefit from taking IHL-42X (which is a theory completely supported by my comments above relating to the unblinded data supporting the patent application) and secondly those patients wanted and were willing to continue to take IHL-42X because of the benefits they are experiencing – even though it’s a non – registered drug at this stage!

This is seriously big news IMO, I don’t think I’ve been this excited about the progress made by the company to date.

Bring on the results of this trial, IMO they now can’t come quick enough.

GLTA

Ted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.