IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

Ann: IHL Provides Shareholder Information Events for Redomiciling, page-320

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1543
    Hey @ime003 - I'm glad you raised the exclusivity issue as it is something I've been meaning to delve into, and I currently have some confusion surrounding it. It was my impression that the exclusivity period the FDA grants concerns the formulation used: in other words it is the period during which no other company can create a generic version of your drug. If that's the case, then it may not be relevant to different drug formulations approved for the same indication.

Like I said, I'm unsure of my understanding of this and would be grateful if you had any materials that shed further light on this.
    In the absolute, I hope I'm right mostly because it would not serve the public to block all other therapies for an indication for 7 years, and it would probably have a chilling effect on biotech investment by raising the risk of funding drug candidate programs that, if they lose the race to approval against another company with a drug targeting the same indication, they get zero return for 7 years and probably zero return indefinitely since by the time the exclusivity period has lapsed, science has marched on and better solutions may well exist. With multiple drug formulations competing for the same indication and being allowed to market without restriction, if you lose the race to be first, second prize can still produce tidy profits... and returning to the consumer: the consumer has more than one option depending on their specific health situation and needs.

Thoughts and facts welcome from all directions!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.