IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

I checked on this with my "Chat friend"In a traditional drug...

1. 1,958 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4359
    I checked on this with my "Chat friend"

In a traditional drug development process, Phase 2 trials are conducted to assess the preliminary efficacy and safety of the intervention in a relatively small group of patients. If the results from Phase 2 trials are promising, Phase 3 trials are then conducted on a larger scale to confirm the efficacy and monitor the safety of the intervention in a larger and more diverse population.

In a Phase 2/3 blended trial, these two phases are combined, and the transition from Phase 2 to Phase 3 is seamless. The trial begins with a smaller group of patients, similar to a Phase 2 trial, and if the intervention shows promising results, it seamlessly transitions into the larger Phase 3 component without a separate break or analysis. This design allows for a more efficient use of resources and accelerates the overall drug development process.

The key differences between a separate Phase 2 and Phase 3 trial and a Phase 2/3 blended trial include:

1. Single study design: In a blended trial, the Phase 2 and Phase 3 components are part of a single study, whereas in separate trials, they are conducted as distinct studies with separate protocols and timelines.

2. Seamless transition: In a blended trial, there is a seamless transition from Phase 2 to Phase 3 without a separate break or analysis. The patients enrolled in the Phase 2 component continue into the Phase 3 component, maintaining the continuity of treatment and evaluation.

3. Efficiency and speed: Blended trials are designed to be more efficient and faster than separate trials. By combining the two phases, it eliminates the need for separate trial setup, patient enrollment, and data analysis, which can save time and resources.

4. Statistical considerations: Blended trials may require specialized statistical methods to address the challenges of combining Phase 2 and Phase 3 data in a single analysis. These methods aim to ensure appropriate control of Type I error rates and statistical power.

Overall, the purpose of a Phase 2/3 blended trial is to accelerate the evaluation of new medical interventions by combining the early evaluation of efficacy and safety (Phase 2) with the confirmatory evaluation in a larger population (Phase 3), all within a single study design.

https://chat.openai.com/

Good luck @andsrolleyes.png
    Last edited by thevinnys: 15/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.