IPT 0.00% 1.9¢ impact minerals limited

"Laverton is a long way from Hyden."I know. That was just the...

1. 259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    "Laverton is a long way from Hyden."

I know.
    That was just the start ...
    And Hyden is close ish to Lake Hope. wink.png

But this is closer ...

Vertebrate Fauna Survey (Level 2) Medcalf Project

This 2020 report will be quoted/embedded within IPT’s biota survey outcomes because it is right in the primary lake zone system and 20km from Lake Hope itself. The report covers the study area incorporating the vanadium/titanium mine at nearby Lake Medcalf.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5472/5472469-fa4273c9f65cd250b80aa35bf59dbba0.jpg

Here is a direct quote from the executive summary:

“Evidence gathered to date suggests that no vertebrate fauna species of conservation significance has the potential to be affected to any significant degree by the proposal to develop a mine in the area given that most have wide ranging distributions and/or will persist in adjoining unaffected areas given the presence of extensive areas of similar habitat nearby.”

It is therefore not anticipated that the loss/modification of small areas of habitat on a local scale will result in a change in the status of any fauna species (i.e. cause population decline or localised extinction).

“Based on the results obtained to date, no referral of the project to the federal Department of the Environment and Energy with respect to likely impacts on EPBC Act listed fauna species is considered warranted given that none appear to be utilising the site to any significant degree.”

This further de-risks the possibility of issues arising from the Lake Hope biota surveys currently underway.

And take into account, our metallurgical testwork. I’ve built decent positions in IPT and MEI, whose mets are going to grind through a planned 9 months of evaluative mets processes with ANSTO — so, sometime in 2024 — and the IPT mets are scheduled for early results towards the end of this year, with a proven process already completed as a baseline.

Add to that the Heritage survey providing evidence that the lodgement of a Mining Lease, negotiating a mining agreement with the Ngadju Native Title holders, ground-disturbing activities, the proposed shallow open pit, are all exempt from additional Tier 2 & 3 management plans, and again facilitating faster pathways forward.

By looking into these reports in reasonable detail, it reduces the potential impacts of the known unknowns related to the biota surveys for us, and adds confidence to our projected outcomes, sure, but by far the biggest bonus, is the reduction of time that it takes, by eliminating several annoying delays, in the progress to initiating the commencement of mining & production. It’s not 3-5 years, imho, it’s 2-3 years, and that is sensationally rapid.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $54.42M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20968 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 209681 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.47am 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.9¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.9¢ 1.9¢ 1.9¢ 30000
Last updated 10.06am 01/05/2024 ?
IPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.