OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Ann: Impact of Nationwide Brazilian Transport Strike, page-58

1. 2,599 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1713
    This post concerns possible alternative energy solutions for Orinoco Gold's Cascavel mine.  It is very relevant and on topic in consideration of the current trucking strike and fuel shortage and partial closure of OGX's operation.  Third time lucky for this post I hope.

Looks like there is plenty of expertise around WA for solar:

Greater savings than just the power bill if energy continues to be a sovereign risk. Plus, diesel generators will no doubt be very costly to run.

Medium term option I guess. Design & Planning, Approvals, Importation (air freight?), Installation ...fast track?

Definite Flow Battery technology potential application -see this link to a presentation by RFX's Simon Hackett.

Let's not forget the flow Batteries from Australian Vanadium -larger size so perhaps better for mining / industrial scale:​

Flow Battery.JPG
    This might seem an extreme solution, but the point is that every week equates to millions of dollars in lost revenue.  If mining needs to be suspended, this is income that OGX will never receive.

It makes eminent sense to me to drop a few million dollars to ensure resilience, income and reduction of sovereign risk.  The consequences of an extended strike would be very serious, and while I don't think this will happen, why take the risk if we can avoid it?  We are not talking about the cost of Diesel, we are talking about the cost of income loss.

If Tesla can fly in 6 planeloads of equipment from Europe to the US the kickstart their battery making factory, why should we not also consider all alternatives.  We need flexibility of thought -examine all options. -I know we are talking months not weeks.

There is some good news out of the gloom from this report -despite the headline there appears to be signs that some progress may be being made:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...vers-block-port-after-temers-offer-falls-flat

Lets hope the chaos is resolved soon.

SJB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.