APA 0.25% $7.89 apa group

You have posted a number of blog posts and news articles there...

1. 185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    You have posted a number of blog posts and news articles there and selectively included screenshots for certain sentences that you like while leaving out other parts that are very important. I'm not going to go through each one as I don't have the time. Have you properly read them? It does not provide support for your thesis that APA is going to be a big winner from hydrogen.

From two of the links you have posted:

1. An article on Yahoo website.
    This article highlights the fact that hydrogen blending is only allowed up to 0.1% in the UK gas transmission system and that Europe might blend up to 2% Hydrogen with gas from 2025. Is that material? What does that prove? 0.1% or 2% doesn't move the needle. It shows other countries barely allow Hydrogen in their gas transmission systems either.

Like Australia the this article shows the UK is looking at some hydrogen blending in the distribution grid (20% in UK). If this is anything like Australia this will only partially offset the fall in gas demand in distribution network as things like bans on new gas connections kick in. The UK is also banning gas boilers in new builds from 2025 as it looks to reduce gas use.

2. An article saying Bell Bay Hydrogen Hub has a targeted start date of 2028 and has received some government funding.
    This doesn't support your argument about APA's existing gas infrastructure having upside from Hydrogen either.

This is a proposed facility being built seemingly to primarily produce green methanol and ammonia. It is being built near a port that will allow export. Infrastructure that is mentioned that is required is electricity transmission and wind farms but it doesn't say anything about hydrogen transport or transporting hydrogen in existing gas pipelines.

It is also not an approved project either and is in FEED at this stage. Will it actually be in operation by 2028? It is a big price tag over $1.5bn. I wonder has that price remained the same since it was originally proposed and will it get to FID once the cost has been updated?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.89
Change
-0.020(0.25%)
Mkt cap ! $10.12B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.89 $7.91 $7.87 $9.641M 1.222M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1000 $7.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.89 26366 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.