SMN 5.26% 40.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Ann: Important Global Aviation Regulator Approval Update, page-89

1. 431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Made a post in the other thread - 'near term ...' - probably an hour ago, but realised I posted into the wrong thread. Meant to post it in this one. Will only repost in this thread the crux of what I tried to say in previous post:

...........................................................................................................................................................................

2) I would like to draw everyone's attention to the last ann announced prior to today's announcement (it was the ann released on the 31st of Jan ... roughly 2 weeks ago).  In the previous ann, this was said:

"
    • Structural Monitoring Systems Ltd (“SMN” or “the Company”) is continuing with ongoing negotiations and contractual review related to the ultimate execution of a strategic agreement with a major aerospace organisation. Upon execution, this agreement will work to provide the scale, visibility and commercial path to ultimately securing global licensing/royalty revenues related to the provision and use of CVMTM technology by major aerospace companies. Whilst this agreement was not executed prior to 31 December 2016, as envisaged, the Company remains very positive regarding the current state and maturity of negotiations, and looks forward to visible completion of proceedings, and execution of the agreement.
    "

This passage alone tells me that, whilst delays did occur late last year and early this year, progress towards signing multi-lateral commercial contracts are imminent. Now read through the announcement today ... there exists no comment at all, nor even a negative one mind you, surrounding the progress of these contracts. So everyone stop you're huffing and puffing; we were told 2 weeks ago that progress towards commercial contracts is close to completion, and nothing today has changed that. Expect an ann soon.

Then look at the next passage in the 31st of Jan announcement:

"
    • SMN remains involved in multiple other programmes and negotiations, as previously highlighted in various communications. The Company will continue to provide relevant and material updates related to all these activities as and when required. The programmes and negotiations involve major aerospace OEMs, defence forces and civil aerospace concerns – involving both fixed-wing and rotor aircraft.
    "

Hello sailor. This comment clearly states that an ann, like the one we had today, was on the way. So why is everyone taking this ann with such disdain and distaste. Management told us an ann like this would come 2 weeks ago. Today's announcement is entirely new in and of itself. We never knew negotiations were occurring in Brazil ... let alone outside of the US; so, this announcement is actually a massive step forward as it shows we are globally oriented now.

So, to summarise point 2):

1) This announcement hasn't said that progress in the commercial contracts discussed in the ann released 2 weeks ago have fallen over, or are delayed ... it has made no mention at all.

2) The announcement today was alluded to by management 2 weeks ago, and reflects our continual movement to becoming a global provider.

..............................................................................................................................................................................

Everyone is spewing their guts over management at the moment. Yes, I agree they have been poor. BUT ... also bother to closely read the few announcements they provide. The utter disregard for the incredible technology and growing foundations of this company in recent months has been astonishing.

In three months, we have had announcements that:

1) A new and incredibly skilled marketing and commercial contract facilitating team has been hired;
    2) Confirmation that one or more commercial contracts are nearing completion; and
    3) Announcement that we are working to secure positions and future contracts in other countries (such as Brazil).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.020(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $54.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 40.0¢ 38.5¢ $86.35K 219.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 60000 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 2559 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.