LEX 2.78% 7.4¢ lefroy exploration limited

This looks like an incredibly frustrating project to be working...

1. 5,012 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4020
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4274/4274641-dbaee839a533efe166475b98313fb8ed.jpg

This looks like an incredibly frustrating project to be working on, have a look at the long section and all the drilling on it, they have had to resort to drilling 20m away from the discovery hole LEFR260, and they finally have confirmation that there is something there, but it must be incredibly vertical, skinny and maybe very limited in volume.

If you look at the yellow colored contour which is the 0.5ppm Au grade contour you can see how complex and irregular in shape even this broad brush contour is. That says to me that there is some sort of structural complexity and/or localized pods of high grade ore that are a nightmare to chase up with a drill rig. Having lake Randall covering the up-dip easily accessible part of the mineralisation makes it even more of a PITA. There are a few drill holes with some really encouraging thickness and grades of between 10-30m and around 3g/T Au in them but a lot of other holes drilled nearby with not much in them. I can see at least two different orientations of mineralisation and possibly more once its faulted and chopped up with maybe repeat zones and other zones faulted out? Also seems to be going really deep really quickly down plunge to the south which is okay but it requires deeper drill holes to test it down there. There is nothing obvious or simple about this mineralisation.

Think its time to bite the bullet and bang a few diamond core drill holes into it to see wtf is going on with the geology down there. They seem to be drilling lots of dusters with the RC drill rig, and the limitation with RC is that the geology isn't as easy to understand as it is with a few good diamond core holes..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LEX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.