IMU 0.00% 4.8¢ imugene limited

With respect to the epidemiology of small cell lung cancer I...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    With respect to the epidemiology of small cell lung cancer I just need to correct you on a couple of points in your post,

It is very aggressive, it almost exclusively affects smokers, the prognosis is poor. It generally responds well to chemotherapy however has a very high recurrence/progression rate despite treatment.

Adenocarcinoma of lung generally occurs in non smokers, more often women, and increasingly young women.

The PD-1 mutation and anti PD-1 treatment is pervasive amongst a wide range of tumour types, Hence an anti PD-1 vaccine will have significant scalability across different tumour types. Further current anti PD-1 immunotherapy has significant immunological side effects which can limit capacity to give treatment. It will be interesting to see if there are any short term or long term immune side effects of the vaccine modality of treatment. This hasn't been a feature of any of the IMU vaccine trials to date.

The possibility of an effective anti PD-1 treatment with little to no side effects, on a logarithmic lower cost base, than current treatments across a wide tumour spectrum would have potential global scalability across first to third world health care systems. Globally there could be potentially hundreds of millions of patients for whom such a vaccine may form part of the treatment algorithm.

IMHO of all the proposed IMU research pipeline this is the jewel.

K

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.