IMU 5.97% 7.1¢ imugene limited

Thank you very much for the link, that was a very sobering read....

1. 1,169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    Thank you very much for the link, that was a very sobering read. On the other side of the coin though, our IP may be just the treatment we have needed to make a difference for these GC patients.

"Peritoneal metastasis (PM) is the most common end- stage manifestation of GC for which systemic strategies have limited efficacy.7 9 GCPM affects over 40% of patients at the initial time of diagnosis or recurrence and 60% of all GC patients at the time of death."

If CF33 can do what these other SOC have had minimal impact on, that would be a game-changer. And that is just one small facet of what CF33 is looking like being a treatment for. Every time we learn something new about this IP, the more excited I get. It is probably a good thing I am at least slightly risk averse as I could almost see myself re-mortgaging the house to pick up another million shares.

"With a dismal 5-year overall survival of less than 2%, GCPM remains a significant therapeutic challenge and an unmet cancer care need."

Now that is a niche that desperately needs better SOC, and if the trials play out the same way lab results have, we may see a very significant improval in 5Y OS.

Now Davyvabyk I have a technical question for you in regards to xenograft models. I have often thought that one of the major reasons we keep finding "cancer cures" in mice etc (xenograft models) is because these models do a poor job (although our best option currently) of replicating a "naturally" occuring tumour. I would imagine the communication via connective tissue/fascia, innervation, blood supply etc etc) would be very different in a xenograft model vs naturally occuring tumour. Now in the peritoneal cavity on the other hand, if I understand the process properly then the mechanism of metastasis in this area has to be more similar to the xenograft model than many other such models. So my thought is, that these lab results are more likely to be replicated during trials than most other tumours? You have a much better understanding than I do in regards to these trials so I would appreciate your feedback here. I also thought that this would potentially translate into treatment of blood/lymphatic cancers? I can't remember if there has been any discussion of the use of CF33 in that space??

While the study certainly doesn't suggest a silver bullet, the results are promising. I look forward to seeing their future research in this space. I am also thinking that due to the size of the tumours the mice models had when treatment began, we may see far better results if this technique was used prophylactically at GC diagnosis for those not exhibiting any IP tumour load. They could receive an injection every 2 weeks to keep the virus load up, while also having IV and IT treatment as needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.004(5.97%)
Mkt cap ! $519.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 7.2¢ 6.8¢ $1.832M 26.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 191999 7.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 170000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.2¢
  Change
0.004 ( 5.15 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.8¢ 7.2¢ 6.8¢ 9027337
Last updated 15.59pm 23/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.