IMU 9.26% 5.9¢ imugene limited

Ann: Imugene appoints Dr Jakob Dupont as Non-Executive Director, page-15

1. 2,870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11994
    Here I am playing catch up again. I just read the Announcement and everyone's comments.

It's the advantage of not being a day trader, @slick old mate - I can go out for the day, get a life and forget about the ASX. The disadvantage, of course, is I don't earn the trading revenue you do and yes - if something does go seriously wrong - I could log in after the close of trading and find that although I am now even richer in experience I am also effectively bankrupt in dollars.

How entertaining that would be.....

However - since I am a crap trader - I'll stick to what works for me (so far).

Now back to the Announcement:

I love it.

Good science is, of course, the most essential thing - but good science is only a necessary condition for success, not a sufficient condition. Along with good science a Biotech needs excellent management and they also need to build the right networks.

This appointment strengthens the science, the management and the network all in one big juicy tick.

LC and PH and their team are playing an outstanding game here. The various platforms and products are the major pieces on the board, but appointments like this are a key part of the positional play.

And the game is NOT chess. I'm a pretty good chess player myself - but chess is not the game here. Chess is a zero sum game in which there are only two players, and the success of one can only happen through the defeat of the other.

Biotech is far more subtle, and far more collaborative. Sure there is competition - and one player could make another obsolete - but careful collaboration between parties with related IP and interests can bring success for multiple players. It can also advance, broaden and strengthen the science. As Leslie has said - "we are standing on the shoulder of giants." Science is an additive and accumulative process.

The ultimate beneficiary here is human knowledge, and (in this instance) the health and wellbeing of people living with cancer.

Today's announcement, on its own, does not make IMU a success, but it is yet another excellent move amongst many so far which - together - make success more and more likely.

Cheers

Dave

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.005(9.26%)
Mkt cap ! $433.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.9¢ 5.4¢ $1.489M 25.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35252 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 1753430 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.