IMU 1.79% 5.5¢ imugene limited

Hi Jip, I have mentioned previously that gastric cancer has rare...

1. 6,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5274
    Hi Jip,

I have mentioned previously that gastric cancer has rare disease/orphan status in the USA (affecting less than 200000 of the population). IMU can apply for orphan status for Her-Vaxx in the USA to treat gastric cancer.

Orphan status comes with many benefits & because gastric cancer is classed as a rare disease, this requires a single phase 3 trial, and importantly smaller numbers on the trial than what you would see otherwise, due to a smaller patient population to recruit from.

This is a helpful blog to explain things briefly, & also a lot on FDA website if you want to read through all of that.

https://www.nuventra.com/resources/blog/orphan-drug-products/

So I would say that with the funds IMU have now, they would be more than able to run a Phase 3 with Orphan Status in the USA, and potentially accelerated approval from the FDA on interim results. Rare disease status does not require thousands of patients, it may only be a couple of hundred on a Ph3.

This does not mean that later on, Her-Vaxx may be approved for more common cancers, but Orphan status is valuable to biotechs & Pharmas with the benefits provided both during and after market approval (see article above).

Whether IMU go down this pathway for Her-Vaxx, I don’t know, but it certainly makes sense to me.

Not discounting the China theories either, I think they have the largest global population with gastric cancers.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.001(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $404.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.6¢ 5.4¢ $757.1K 13.81M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 2203877 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 244428 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.