IMU 1.89% 5.2¢ imugene limited

Hi bobadah, If the market thought it was an aberration and had a...

1. 427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3556
    Hi bobadah,

If the market thought it was an aberration and had a poor sentiment because of it, they too would have missed the entire point of a Phase 1 trial. Regardless of our collective belief that B-Cell therapies don't have the same toxicity issues as T-Cell and far more harmful cancer therapies, it doesn't change the purpose of a Phase 1 trial. Which is to test the safety of the new therapy.

Spare a thought for those poor souls who it's tested on and you will understand a little more. They are very very sick individuals, who have already received multiple lines of other therapy (including T-cell), which heartbreakingly haven't reduced their cancer burden. PD1-Vaxx utilises the body own immune system. The immune system of someone at this stage is also very very poor. Showing no toxicity is a huge (and the most important) box ticked. Seeing antibodies (an immune response) in some of the patients would have been fantastic. BUT we also had someone respond very well and has their cancer burden to zero for over 12 months. That's a fantastic result.

Sure it would be nice to cure a whole lot more, but the value of PD1-Vaxx isn't as a hail mary pass at the end of the therapy road. It was designed to be a first-line treatment, for people who haven't had a fully compromised immune system. Hence why we are now testing it as such in Phase 1b alongside Roches/Genentech's Tecentriq. This is the appropriate point to really be wondering about efficacy.

I think ASX investors generally have little idea about biotechs.

Something to keep in mind is that Viralytics was bought out in Phase 1 (I believe) and it was mainly because Cavatak reduced the toxicity of Merk's other drug. We have a lot more therapies and platforms than Viralytics.

Also note the SP was hammered until the day they announced the takeover. I'm saying the same is playing out here, but it certainly could be. A picture is trying to be painted, best to remember the fundamentals and keep a cool head. DYOR IMO.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3950/3950647-9ede3f8771b95bf8906a2bafb1d2368e.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3950/3950650-f3049c792e4e348d9d1fad7019af55d8.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.2¢
Change
-0.001(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $382.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.4¢ 5.1¢ $674.9K 12.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 45087 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 519803 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.