IMU 1.43% 7.1¢ imugene limited

Hi @davybabyk,You raise a very important point regarding lower...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    Hi @davybabyk,

You raise a very important point regarding lower cost and easier administration for HER-Vaxx and I see this as the key differential between Imugene's drug and our competitor Roche at this point in time.
    However with regard to safety and overall toxicity I have found this whilst looking up Herceptin clinical trial results, "The overall safety profile was similar in the two arms, with no difference in the incidence of grade 3/4 (68% in both arms) and cardiac adverse events."The two arms, first being (SOC) chemotherapy alone, the second being Herceptin (trastuzumab) in combination with chemotherapy.

So based on this we're at the same safety level as Herceptin at this point in time. The added toxicity comes from the combination with other therapeutics or checkpoint inhibitors. Unless the source and paper I have cited can be disputed, of course? Happy to stand corrected.

Hi All,

Still, exciting and promising results for Imugene, we have demonstrated that HER-Vaxx is comparable as Genentech/Roche's Herceptin (trastuzumab) with a HR of 0.719. We have not gone backwards and that is important.

This news has spurred on three new HER-Vaxx trials which will explore combinations with checkpoint inhibitors PD-1 and PD-L1. The questions now are, will these add to OS and PFS rates? what level of toxicity will these add to the baseline toxicity in chemotheraphy plus HER-Vaxx?

The key thing we need to remind ourselves of is that although HER-Vaxx is better than SOC Chemotherapy (cisplatin) alone, neither HER-Vaxx or Herceptin can tackle advanced gastric cancer (AGC) on its own. The key now is to find the "one, two punch" combination to improve the efficacy and PFS and/or OS. Genentech/Roche are looking for the partner to their baseline drug Herceptin and have so far trialled, Herceptin in combo with oxalipatin and cepecitabine. Possibly there are more combos I have missed.

This competition is good for the industry and good for cancer patients, specifically those with AGC. The more options there are for patients the better and the fact that we are trailing three more options is just fantastic news. I'm sorry to those investors who thought they would have a miracle occur here and they could exit with zero risk to their investment. You're kidding yourself if you think biotech is that simple, Imugene is doing exactly what the core of its shareholders want them to be doing and that is trailing different approaches and coming up with new ideas and new options. We've got three more options for patients to be hopeful for is how I see it. As I've said before, this is a long term investment.

So dust off the hat, wipe down the keyboard, there's still plenty of work ahead for Imugene and Roche for that matter.

AGC remains the fourth mostcommon cancer and the second most common cause of cancer-related mortality worldwide. Patients with this level of disease sadly have no other alternative.

Very worthwhile read:
    https://www.openaccessjournals.com/articles/results-and-implications-of-the-trastuzumab-for-gastric-cancer-toga-trial.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.1¢
Change
0.001(1.43%)
Mkt cap ! $519.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.1¢ 7.3¢ 7.0¢ $835.1K 11.69M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 1246538 7.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 245169 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.2¢
  Change
0.001 ( 1.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.0¢ 7.3¢ 7.0¢ 4314321
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.