IMU 5.00% 4.8¢ imugene limited

Ann: Imugene onCARlytics Doses First Patient in IV Combination, page-198

1. 165 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 547
    One thing is for sure, this week and next week will be pivotal for this patient and Imugene.

Whether or not one believes the company is seeing CD19 expression in the tumour environment, I feel is not the issue here.
    We know CF33 is able to infect and replicate safely within humans. The MAST trial data and FDA clearances to date shows this. Personally I would be very surprised if the CD19 variant behaved any differently to regular CF33, but these are the hurdles and ethics one has the jump through with the FDA (instead of starting the combo arm from day 1).

The key question at hand for me is; How will Blinatumomab and CF33 interact with one another?

Blinatumomab needs a CD19 target to work.
    How quickly does CF33 take to infect, replicate and establish itself within the tumour environment?
    Will Blinatumomab knock out CF33 too quickly?
    Will only the surface of the tumour be affected? (Inability of CF33 to penetrate deeper into the tumour environment when in the presences of Blinatumomab).

There are almost endless questions one could ask, and different ways this could go for this patient and the technology.
    Just because it worked well in preclinical lab setting, is no guarantee to how the treatment will fair within humans.

From what I have read Blinatumomab works relatively quickly (a couple of weeks) compared to waiting for pseudo progression with MAST (couple of months). So right here right now, the patient, Imugene, and the FDA will have a very keen interest in how this is unfolding. With a market update hopefully not too far behind.

Wishing this patient and their family all the best.

DYOR - Not advice

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.