IMU 1.47% 6.7¢ imugene limited

Imugene and the JP Morgan conference 2024Lots of great posts...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19413

Imugene and the JP Morgan conference 2024

Lots of great posts following on from the JP Morgan Conference last week. I might take a few minutes to comment on them if I may. I did not end up watching the presentation I was looking for (see https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-imugene-to-present-at-annual-jpmorgan-healthcare-conference.7752505/page-7) but did receive the slide deck I wished to accompany my hypothetical presentation.

@Hawkbar33 Hi TB, While I agree the information that was presented paints an amazing picture for the future of Imugene, the patients and ultimately the shareholders, I don't feel the presentation was at a very high level.

I am a staunch supporter of Leslie however she appeared to be nervous and definitely rushed through the presentation.

WMHB - Agreed but I guess it’s time to move forward. I have long echoed these sentiments but as LC runs the show we are guided by her

@davybabyk The Pembro trial is still lagging behind the mono trial - because it started later. The Mono trial is now dosing at 3 x 108 in both IT and IV. By contrast the Combo trial is only at 3 x 107 in IT and 1 x 108 in IV.

WMHB - YF suggested when Vaxinia was shown to turn tumours from cold to hot, making them effectively more identifiable, that would be the ideal time to intriduce a MAB such as Pembro (i.e., Keytruda). As noted by you and perhaps others, there is no guarantee Vaxinia, (or Her Vaxx for that matter), shall produce better patient outcomes with the addition of Keytruda. Added to which there is no guarantee Vaxinia shall produce stronger efficacy signals at higher dose rates. But all results thus far in the current MAST Trial are pointing toward better patient outcomes for those administered with Vaxinia at the higher dosage rates, and the potential for those in the combination arm to progress likewise

@davybabyk Of those 18 patients, 7 patients achieved Stable Disease after IV treatment with Vaxinia alone. Three more patients achieved Stable Disease after IV treatment with Vaxinia plus Pembro. So this is actually a great result for IV administration as a mono therapy - and a huge result for IV administration overall. Indeed - 10 patients total have achieved Stable Disease after IV treatment. That's just over half of the clinical benefit group!!

WMHB - irrespective of secretion and the additional complications surrounding IV administration of vaccines, the potency of CF33’s parental virus Vaxinia is exemplified most strongly in the outcomes mentioned here by Dave. If at higher dosage rates Vaxinia can produce SD’s or even PR and CR’s, then YF shall have taken an even greater step toward creating a human therapy for the treatment of solid tumours than many initially thought possible. IV administration brings with it the benefit of significantly less hospital time, patient care, medical professional man hours and inconvenience for patients. “Ease of administration” is a phrase that comes to mind.

@bedger The medical industry can be so conservative and slow in some areas, but the adoption of CAR-T cell therapies has been prolific. A big market if IMU can indeed crack that nut…

WMHB - As successful as CAR T therapy has been for Kite, Novartis, BMS and the like, autologous CAR T’s have their limitations. Imugene through their identification and development of an allogeneic therapy, in Azer Cel, may have happend upon a therapy which proves not only superior in it’s treatment of relapse patients, but in the general cancer patient population as well. With the ability to harness cells from random donors as it were, if not healthy donors, as opposed to otherwise compromised individuals, Azer Cel promises to deliver a much needed solution to the complex web of deleterious ramifications if not limitations associated with existing CAR T therapies

@bsboi83 I still think there may be room for another trial group to added after the 3 x 10^8 cohort, assuming all things go well with the next group over the coming 100 - 300 days, which may blow out all the time lines for the study again. Not Necessarily a bad thing as with a larger study group we build a greater wealth of knowledge and Data to take to a stage 2 trial.

WMHB - From converations I have had with him IMO it is my understanding YF himself is prepared to go as high up the therapeutic window as is humanly possible during this study to ascertain the OBDR for Vaxinia. If it is to be 10 to the 9, or whatever the dose rate, so be it. The purpose of the study is to guage the optimal dose rate prior to toxicity setting in, in order for the drug to be administered effectively from a medical viewpoint and cost effectively from a commercial one. If that leads to an extension or enlargement of the current trial, so be it.

@col75.. we haven't yet hit Vaxinia OBD (man, we have got to be close to hearing news about this) BUT we have achieved a fast track, so I'll take it.

From 2023, Checkvacc has been parked, and maybe it is a good thing that we are focusing on treatments that have the greatest potential, I think we have a great balance at the moment.

WMHB - Great point. I too am pleased Imugene are focusing fairly and squarely on the Vaxinia trial. With the hopes of Oncarlytics, Azer Cel and their overall value proposition resting at the feet of Vaxinia, it is imporatnt to leave no stone unturned in the ongoing development of their flagship candidate

@Taureanbull Rainman, Good post except market size typo. It’s actually $3.8 little Aussie bleeders which caps up to $15.2 using your 4 x earnings. That’s about $2.20 per share,

This was one of the highlights of the presntation, which many of us, including myself, had been waiting for. A point that no doubt would not have gone unnoticed for anyone in the room. Numbers, facts and figures are crucial when making investment decisions. These numbers speak for themselves, and in doing so speak volumes for the value propostion that is Azer Cel, and more broadly speaking Imugene. Money is going to flow into the stock as a direct result of this data IMO.

WMHB - Clearly another highlight as you noted previously was the direct reference to Imugene’s professional cast of personnel, many if not all with Big Pharma experience. This would not have gone unnoticed either and no doubt strengthens Imugene’s position as a company to be “partnered with”, as opposed to “taken out,” as it were. The potential is there to grow with Imugene, given the sophisticated array of talent they have present at the coalface.

@Kluck Of those 18 patients, 7 patients achieved Stable Disease after IV treatment with Vaxinia ALONE ……..I believe we have potentially developed successfully the human cancer cure to a certain extent Have a great safe day all. Weekend is just round the corner.

WMHB - The weekend is here @Kluck, and so is the opportunity for Imugene and its partner YF from the City Of Hope to place an indelible footprint in the sand as it were, for the future of mankind. I have never felt more confident seeing how the overall pipeline of Imugene is transforming into what can only be described as an immunotherapy laden juggernaught set to change the way cancer therapy is administered for years to come. Their B cell arm has illustrated proof of concept. As such I see no reason to maintain a focus on that thread. Clearly whomever chooses to develop that therapeutic arm in years to come, with or without Imugene, is sure to reap the rewards from what are safe vaccines with the potential for multiple combinations with existing vaccines such as Tercetriq and Keytruda. There is a huge unmet need for both safe and cost effective drugs in the lung cancer, colorectal, breast and gastric cancer markets to name but a few. Perhaps of even greater reward would be the potential to pursue a PD1 Vaxx trial in combination with Imugene’s own Her Vaxx. Wouldn’t that be a trial worth funding and waiting for.

To take the notion of focus if not prioritisation a step further, I believe whilst the Azer Cel/ Oncarlytics CF33 threatment may bring strong efficacy results to solid tumour patients, Imugene should throw out all stops in the pursuit of both an optimal biological dose rate for Vaxinia, coupled with the goal of ascertaining which (if not all) cancer indications the virus proves most effective in treating. Whatever it takes, whether it is additional funding, a large commercial partner, a NASDAQ Listing or even a pause in future trial funding fro other Imugene therapies, I believe this should be the number priority for Imugene moving forward. Much rests on the shoulders of this novel oncolytic virus, as not only a monotherapy, but as a combination therapy with MAB’s and Imugene’s own Oncarlytics and Azer Cel. Proof of concept for this powerful treatment arm is paramount now, an outcome with the potential to herald a new dawn in the treatment of solid tumour patients for years to come.

If late stage solid tumour patients administered with Vaxinia continue to experience disease stabilisation, if not better signals at higher dose rates, then let the floodgates open. The rest is certain to be assigned to history. It’s purely that simple. Maybe it’s going to take higher dose rates of Vaxinia than those administered thus far, for that pinnacle to be reached. Either way we appear to be approaching the summit.

DYOR Seek investment advice as and when required

Last edited by Watmighthavben: 13/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
-0.001(1.47%)
Mkt cap ! $490.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 6.9¢ 6.7¢ $1.031M 15.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1428024 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 485975 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.8¢ 6.9¢ 6.7¢ 4516697
Last updated 15.59pm 30/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.