IHL 0.00% 4.1¢ incannex healthcare limited

Ann: Incannex to Acquire APIRx Pharmaceuticals, page-74

1. 1,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1543
    So, having ruminated a little longer...

I think the US market is going to come around to loving this. They are soft for massive ambition, and I think that's what will come out on top for them: this small market cap company is collecting arrows in its quiver to be THE cannabinoid player, and they are kicking goals already.

Certainly the acquisition bolsters the company's profile for being acquired themselves at some point. If we weren't already at the top of the list for any Big Pharma companies out there looking to acquire cannabinoid IP, we might be there now. This new array of IP and tech gives the BOD a lot of good options.

- They can progress one or two of the acquired programs then sell them
    - Selling some of the smaller programs may allow them the cash to go it alone on some of the bigger opportunities, like IHL-42x, IHL-216a or IHL-675a, which could result in ridiculous revenue (and I don't use that word lightly)
    - If the cannabinoid pharmaceutical sector heats up further as it almost certainly will, some of the IP might be able to be sold as is for a tidy profit

Ironically, after leaving the oils business, I'm now wondering whether the GMP certified cannabinoid extraction process for THC might carry over to CBD to some degree, which could put us in the position to license it to companies still in the CBD oil business: first mover would take the entire Australian over-the-counter market by storm, and there are probably other countries at a similar regulation juncture where a CBD company could take the market by storm with such tech.

Lots of interesting angles here.
    At the end of the day, what gives me the most confidence about this move is that even though I don't know the exact thinking of the BOD, I do know they're exceptionally sharp, and if there are some great plays to mine from these assets, they're probably all over it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IHL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.