SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Great post @Dineen. My feelings exactly. My frustration goes...

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4424
    Great post @Dineen. My feelings exactly. My frustration goes right up the political arm that is supporting this silence - Treasury. I have expected that someone would step in and take a deep look at what is going on here, instead they appear to be trying to protect confidence in the finance and equities systems at a time when the "leaders" in these organisations are destroying this confidence by themselves. Perhaps the government and ASIC should be concentrating on cleaning up their own back yard so that there starts to be confidence in Australia's finance and equities systems.

On February 18, 2020 the Economic and Financial Affairs Council of the EU (ECOFIN) adopted a revised EU blacklist of non-cooperative jurisdictions for tax purposes. Australia was still on the "grey" list, but notably the British Virgin Islands where ISX(BVI) is domiciled was taken off the grey list in 2019.

In total, nineteen jurisdictions were removed from the grey list of non-cooperative jurisdictions since itwas last published in December 2019. While three of the jurisdictions (the Caymen Islands, Palau and Seychelles) were added to the blacklist, sixteen jurisdictions were found to have fulfilled their commitments within the 2019deadline. The jurisdictions which were removed from the grey list are: Antiguaand Barbuda, Armenia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British VirginIslands, Cabo Verde, Cook Islands, Curacao, Marshall Islands,Montenegro, Nauru, Niue, Saint Kitts and Nevis and Vietnam.

As at February 18, 2020, the grey list contains thirteen jurisdictions, twelve of which have been given extensions to previous deadlines: Anguilla, Australia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Eswatini, Jordan, Maldives, Mongolia, Morocco, Namibia, Saint Lucia, Thailandand Turkey.

See https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2020/02/etf-424-eu-blacklist-update.html
    Last edited by itzgr82balive: 26/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.