NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Wow, what a great way to start the week! Well done Iain and team...

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2320
    Wow, what a great way to start the week! Well done Iain and team NWE!

We were all speculating for weeks that LD-1 was way bigger than the pre-drill 1.122TCF high case scenario. I think we were all just in awe at some of the numbers being thrown around... astonished for what we believed the end result could be. And now NWE have confirmed how "giant" this discovery is. Interestingly NWE will have a fair idea what the new estimated TCF GIP would be... but they are holding that ace up their sleeve... IMO will release it when the production testing is complete.

So the "old" 1.122TCF high case estimate was already out dated and we knew that as previously the FWL was estimated at best 4,150m. But since the FWL has been pushed further down to the top Kingia depth of 4,500m (TVDSS), well it meant the GIP was always going to be bigger, much bigger. And now we add in the confirmed southern LD-1 extension, well here we are with 92km2 potential resource area. Just incredible.

So I just revisited oldgeo's numbers on the LD upside thread... and my rough calcs come to ~2.45 to 2.65TCF GIP. So that's ~500BCF to NWE. If you use a 80% recoverable factor then we get 400BCF.

Not bad for little ol' NWE.

GLTA
    Last edited by Brobel: 15/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.