SP8 0.00% 0.7¢ streamplay studio limited

Ann: Independent Calculation of Abu Dabbab Projec, page-6

1. 9,397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1344
    re: Ann: Independent Calculation of Abu Dabba... 'I am surprised no one has come out with a calculation to work backwards and find the Off take aggreement price for tantalum.'

Hi, ywf, I'm not surprised at all. Firstly, it's got to be kept 'secret' by GIP and, secondly, it's pretty much irrelevant, except for academic interest because, whatever it (the HC o/t price) is, it is set in stone, it seems, and we have to live with it, or die with it.
    Thirdly, HC is a punters' chat site, some will have more insight than others but not many (including me), posting on an obscure stock like GIP, will have the knowledge/expertise to dissect the NPV, if this, if that, that we've been presented with in today's announcement.
    Anyway, all the figures look conservative to me and that's the way I like it.
    The current price of Ta2O5 will have skipped away from anything that was envisaged when GIP first announced this project, and I'll just take the liberty of reminding readers that when JT first announced GIP's acquisition of AD, scorn was poured on it by the cognoscenti because JT was using US$50/lb when the price then had been slashed to US$25/lb. Now people are laughing at JT's deal because it looks ridiculously cheap. All I can say, using hindsight and a little bit of emotion, is that people are . . . . . . you fill in the gap, but the word stupid comes to mind pretty easily.
    Having said that, I'll add that I welcome today's announcement and also just question whether the Noah's Rule deal, if it happens, will be a better outcome than the kfw/German Govt. low-interest soverign-risk-guaranteed loan that we were looking at before. Who knows, just asking!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP8 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.