AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

Ann: Independent Experts Report on Eagle Ford , page-21

1. 14,914 Posts.
    This posted by "Sharejon" on the EKA thread just now:

"Morning all,

I thought I would create a thread to discuss AKK's announcement on their Burleson evaluation (by an independent geologist and petroleum engineer)

First up it's been a good morning indeed for EKA with those early production results from the Fayette wells, with hopefully Blackjack Springs to benefit from the larger horizontal lateral. I'm thinking we'll see results mid next week.

Now to the point of the thread, AKK released a very interesting evaluation of their Burleson acreage, which is in very close vicinity to EKA's Brioche project.

A few interesting quotes:

- The Eagleford in the AKK area occurs at depths of 8200 to 8900 feet and is approximately 300 feet (page 23)

- The Apache Giesenschlag-Groce well was the best performing Burleson well drilled in the area since 2008 (when Apache drilled approximately 20 wells. It has produced 50,000 barrels of oil to date, with a horizontal lateral of 3000' using a 1 stage frac (page 24)

- Schlumberger claims their Hiway fraccing protocol will increase production by 35% for each fracture stage executed. Thus in a horiztonal well with 10 fracture stages, we expect a possible 125 bbl times 10 stages times 1.35 = 1687.5 Bopd IP Rates from the AKK Burleson land (page 23)

*A Schlumberger engineer explained this to the indepent evaluators (the engineer and geologist) for AKK*

- It is anticipated that a decrease in calcite content with an increase in clay content will degrade the brittle nature of the unite and reduce the brittle nature of the shale. Thus, the eagleford productive capability may not be as amenable to manmade fracture enhancement. On a positive note, the probability of increase in sand present in the unit could yield prolific reservoirs (They note the Aggieland Field, in Brazos County, is oil productive from Woodbine sands within the Eagleford Interval).

- Austin Chaulk (EUR) 60,000-100,000 barrels
    - Eagle Ford Shale (EUR) 179,735-810,000 barrels
    - Buda/Georgetown Limestone (EUR) 25,000-40,000

- The Horizontal Eagleford well (for AKK) is estimated to cost $6.035 million using a 5,000 foot lateral, Hi-WAY fracture stimulation technology and 10 frac stages.

- AKK will drill 3 vertical wells, and the best determined well out of those 3 will be completed horizontally using the 10 stage Hi-WAY frac, 5000 foot lateral method.

It's an incredibly interesting report.

located here:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110707/pdf/41zn8hyzgcr96y.pdf"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.