STL 0.00% $1.90 stargroup limited

@Kepo , I always read your posts with interest. I must admit,...

1. 156 Posts.
    @Kepo , I always read your posts with interest. I must admit, very little interest, but interest nonetheless.

No peers show's me just how much DYOR you have done.

I have in numerous presentations outlined whom our peers are and the number of competitors and given we have just acquired Indue whom provide switching and processing services to >70 ATM Deployers, a fact that has been stated many a time, would suggest we have at least 70 competitors/peers, at least in the ATM industry.

For the benefit of you and others, this is how many competitors/peers we have and where we sit in the pecking order.

In terms of peers, the largest independent ATM Deployer ("IAD") in Australia, namely DC Payments, was recently taken out by CardTronics for a >$550mil AUD purchase price. They had circa 12,000 ATMs that they owned in Australia after aggregating a number of players, including Customers ATMs, Ezeatm, Total ATM and lastly CashCard. The are the #1 IAD and had an average number of transactions per ATM per month of 521. (last reported number). They were listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange. By the way, we have less ATMs, but we average significantly better than them per machine per month and we used to use them as a peer to peer comparison as a result. Our most recent announcement to the market to ensure I tell you public information was that we were averaging 621 transactions per machine per month.

The 2nd largest IAD in Australia is BankTech. They have circa 2,000 ATMs that they own and largely deploy in gaming venues in Australia. They are an unlisted public company and provide switching services. They are a peer.

The 3rd largest IAD would be Next Payments whom have Macquarie Bank as their major shareholder and they also have circa 2,000 ATMs they own.

We will advise the market shortly of how many ATMs we own but suffice to suggest we understand we are circa 4th based on the size of ATMs that we physically own. In terms of ATMs we now manage (including our own and those that we are about to manage post the Indue completion) we will be the 2nd largest network.

In terms of competitors, there are approx 120 IAD's in Australia. Yup that's right, at least that many....Some of these are very very small but there are a number of sizeable IAD's in various states within Australia.

In terms of peers, I agree with you in that we have none because not one of our competitors actually owns their ATM manufacturer and not one of them is listed on the ASX so in terms of listed peers, we have none...

In terms of peers that provide switching services there are a few of these too. There are 4 in the IAD market, including ourselves and not including the banks. Collectively, they provide the switching services of >60% of the ATMs in Australia. We now will be responsible for approx 15% of the IAD market.

Anyway that is probably enough FREE research for you to digest for a while but all of the above has been in public announcements in the past....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.