IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

Ann: Infigen Announces Recommended Takeover Offer from Iberdrola, page-7

1. 177 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Unfortunately this is wishful thinking. We will be hard pressed to find another offer significantly above $0.86 in the current market. Cash is likely going to be held tightly by renewable energy developers, and a takeover bid well above the SP and the price at which the board are willing to accept offers is unlikely given the perceived risks in the Oz energy market over the next couple of years.

That said, I am also highly disappointed at the decision to sell - I bought into Infigen because I believed they were in the best position to expand in the mid-late 2020s as NSW coal power stations start to withdraw from the market. They have a solid NSW portfolio and good prospects for new generation (especially Cherry Tree WF).

I would have preferred to stick with Infigen for the long haul and see an Australian owned company thrive as an Australian generator and retailer. A real shame.

I guess this means Tilt Renewables and Genex will be my only solid Australian renewable energy generator holdings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.