IFN 0.00% 93.0¢ infigen energy

Fair pickup on the average.ThanksBut..Comparing March to March...

1. 2,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 714
    Fair pickup on the average.Thanks
    But..
    Comparing March to March production or any other month for the preceding 4 years without Bondangora in the mix shows that the correlation is very loose and if you look at May or August for instance, the variation is very large. So it is worth looking at the overall year on year to see how we are tracking on wind production. Like farming plants and animals, wind farms are dependent on nature for the basic elements. Talking about the wind not blowing is very relevant to a wind farm owner IMHO.

Plant investment, harvesting and selling to market is the other part that management can have more control over and to that extent I think they are improving. The mix of selling modes, capital light and battery are pluses as are building to time and budget.The last two have been OK but could improve.

By the way I did send an email asking about the battery completion. The clarification from Peter Campbell was useful.
    "Stage 1 and Stage 2 refer to the physical installation of battery cells on site. Revenue generation will not occur until the project is connected to the grid. As indicated on p13 of our interim report, the Lake Bonney Battery is anticipated to be complete in Q4 FY 19. "

By the way I think the battery addition will enable great productivity improvement. It allows for larger use of capacity for contracts, phase loss reduction and leverages the existing control infrastructure more effectively. The ability to buy and store not only IFN production but that of other producers is an excellent use of the Control Centre resource. To use the Farming analogy, we are not only using our tractor and farm hands for our own property but we are running agistment properties and contract harvesting for others. More sales for the same resource pool is productivity improvement by definition I believe.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IFN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.