ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,935 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Of course there are good and not so good points here.

Of course its much better if directors are buying shares rather than selling them. That is obvious.

But should directors get access to shares at a discount to shareholders? Why shouldn't she have to buy them on market like everyone else? Or participate in the SPP at the same level as everyone else?

Shareholders who have suffered up to a 60% drop in price are only permitted to buy $15k worth at the SPP price and that is likely to be scaled down significantly anyway and could easily just become $2k worth. But new directors are allowed seeminly unlimited shares at the discount price.

If I was heavily invested in this company, which I'm not, I would definitely raise this as an issue with management. They need to know that its not one set of rules for them and another for holders when it comes to buying and trading shares. Directors buying shares is encouraging, but they should buy them on market or with the same access as everyday shareholders; and definitely not when they are privy to market sensitive information that has not yet been released, which I'm not suggesting has happened in this case. These points should be obvious as well.

Its not a matter of taking sides, though some tend to defend one position more than the other. Both sides are correct in this case.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.