ALK 1.27% 40.0¢ alkane resources limited

Ann: Initial San Antonio Inferred Resource, page-44

1. 1,624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    Dman0.

An increase in capacity would seem sensible if they can mine additional material. Adding capacity to an existing processing plant is substantially cheaper than putting in a new plant, ie $12 - $30 million - easily done without requiring funding - could result in a very substantial increase and any required consents would likely be easily obtainable (for the processing plant).

Unfortunately, right now Alk is caught in the whims of the gold price and the broader market's view of Covid 19, the impending recession and a potential vaccine or better treatment. It all seems a little unfair, because when we move to a 6 month to 2 year timeframe, Alk will be producing very strongly for its market cap, and its product will always be saleable, even in a downturn.

I favour Alk taking the plunge and developing Boda, if it proves up well. Prices for undeveloped mine resources carry a very steep discount, if Canadian sales are any example.

As it happens, I added some more today, but am a little apprehensive gold might drop to the low US$1600's, and with it Alk's price will reduce a fair bit more. I think so long as the gold price averages above US$1500 for the year the financial results will be pretty good.

Speaking of which, Alk needs to get on and release its past quarter report this month. All very well to say it will exceed minimum guidance, but nervous investors need to know what that means in terms of profit and remaining ore piles and grade etc, for example whether there a grade increase (the stockpile was described as low grade).

Good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.005(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $241.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 40.5¢ 39.5¢ $217.3K 543.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8800 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.5¢ 140277 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.