GEM 1.20% $1.24 g8 education limited

Sadly, these stories are all too common. Became concerned about...

1. 765 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    Sadly, these stories are all too common.

Became concerned about the possible over hiring of younger staff/trainees to fill the staff vacancies created by the introduction of the new ratio's. Have been monitoring the staff vacancies of the larger childcare groups since January and there has been a definite increase with job vacancies advertised for trainees. Unfortunately some centres just turn trainees over like clockwork, take the training subsidy, rehire another trainee and the whole process starts all over again. Many years ago I came across a ninety place centre that were hiring twelve trainees every year and collecting $48,000 per year from training subsidies in the process.

Is it early childhood education, is it childcare or is it work care? At the moment the government view it as work care and until that mindset is changed it will continue as is.

In a quality centre, no children would be standing around holding toys, they would be engaged, stimulated and their interests would be extended, giving the children a voice in their own learning. I think your daughter is very lucky to have such astute parents and even though they gave you a bit of a sting financially, it was a small price to pay for peace of mind.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GEM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.