VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

Guys, I love the conversation as it helps us examine all...

1. 2,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2366
    Guys, I love the conversation as it helps us examine all views.

Howard on our board has links to Forrest but these businesses are worlds apart.

As I said this morning, i know both these fundies well and that is why I was over joyed that they WANTED to come on board our little VOR. Sure I would have loved to watch them buy on market like we all did....but that is not how these things play out in this space.

The funds management universe is a small community and when everyone else sees the 2 most respected players in this space come on board, there may well be others who will start running their numbers on us.

My colleague spoke with Gary today and Gary is really pleased with our 2 new shareholders.

Both he and I spoke after he spoke with Gary and we really feel like the market...and he and I included don't have all the pieces of the puzzle yet.

Jeff and Gary are both large holders of stock (yes I know Jeff has a note at the moment but no doubt he will convert)...and do you think they just wanted to bring these 2 names on the register for the sake of it?

Sure we don't need the money at this moment but we all know that Jeff has been actively scouring the market for opportunity in the cyber space...and now we have a even stronger balance sheet, we have our last acquisition paid for, we know there is a good chance that on any good news the SP could pop to 2 cents in a flash, rendering the other options in the money which will bring in even more cash.

We have TSI sale in the pipeline and that could be another $10-20m cash.

I was the first to admit that when we pivoted to cyber, I was on the phone to Gary with my displeasure. And when I spoke with Jeff the first time I was underwhelmed as well....and came very close to selling down my holdings. I went and sat with Jeff and took note of all that he said and the time frames he outlined....and to be honest, he has delivered and is continuing to do so.

I have worked in the fund space a long time and overzealous CEO's who over promise and never perform are simply par for the course. Which is why when you find the very rare opposite of this in a management team... you back them, and you back them big time.

How about we all just take a breather and have a look at what else may come over the next 3 months.

Clever buying today....but no real volume.

Good luck to all holders, and remember, if you think the management team have stiffed you, you can always exit tomorrow.

10x

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.