PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

Thanks to all the posters. You explained the bit that I DID get....

1. 425 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 454
    Thanks to all the posters. You explained the bit that I DID get. What I didn't follow was the reference to CSL.

As Mickem stated, There has already been a CR since the interview we are all discussing and it was not very long after either. Most disappointing to not be able to rely on his word. Leaves a question hanging over future comments or undertakings. The most disappointing thing about this particular incident is that anyone who is a long term shareholder or follower of this company will remember the bad old days of over promising and under delivering. At the time of this interview we were busy trying to convince ourselves that they had stopped this kind of practice and they could be taken at their word.

An interesting observation. I believe that the huge re-rating of PET in recent times has been on the back of great news and forecasts, yes, but even more than that, it has been on the back of BELIEF in the veracity of that news and associated forecasts. Greatly magnifying the magnitude of the increase was a previous lack of belief that depressed the share price. At 5c, 10c, 20c, there was still an unimaginable future potential for this company's earnings. However, the blue sky had not been factored in to the SP as the market as a whole simply did not believe. A huge part of the lack of belief was due to the boards track record on announcements and follow through. I don't believe this was done with any malice or intent, they were probably more dissapointed in their record than anyone. But the record was there none the less.

What the share price is now telling us is that the market is becoming a believer. I would, from this stand point, be disappointed in a CR. I am trying to forget the past. Also I don,t believe that a CR is the best or cheapest source of capital. Bank debt is not evil, it can be the smart choice. Share holders don't simply want greater earnings, they want greater earnings per share. Bank debt achieves this better that CR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.