TRS 0.75% $4.05 the reject shop limited

Market manipulation is real but not a useful thing to focus...

1. 2,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Market manipulation is real but not a useful thing to focus on.

@madamswer you and I have tangled on 4 investments MND, SMX, PRG and STO.

On MND at around $5 your bullishness was fully justified and my concern was not. I did not express an opinion though.

I learned from this that not buying because of the "Macro" can be a mistake. You should get a point for this but I won't give you one as errors of omission are minor in investing where errors of commission can be grevious

On SMX, PRG and STO you expressed a negative opinion on these companies where I was optimistic.

SMX and PRG where promptly taken over 

at a 50% premium which doesn't mean I was "right". Making money is only a win if the process you applied was correct.

For STO at $3 market sentiment toward the company improved and I can quite definitively state your opinion there was very wrong. Although the oil price has again slumped the pessimism toward that company was to extreme, after the capital was raised and balance sheet repaired.

On outcomes it's 3-0 to me so far, we will have to see if you can come from behind for the win.

If you are a long investor then your "do nothing" above is a wise approach. Only take a positive view when something is extremely cheap.

If you can determine that something is a worthless fraud then you can take a stand from the short side although I would strongly recommend against that for most people because getting the time right in terms of when a business will collapse into insolvency is difficult.

Being an activist short to realise value means as Charlie Munger said "stepping on the oxygen hose" of fraudulent companies exposing yourself to harassment and lawsuits.

I am watching developments on TRS with interest, I do not express my views publicly long or short.

On the other hand you are like, part value investor although you haven't advanced the art like I have you have regressed like most into the Buffett huddle.

I commend your talk of shareholder activism if TRS stock declines further/takeover fails as long as the critique of management is realistic not just a reaction to business conditions.

Shareholders should be very supportive of holding their paid managers to account.

I often find myself being perhaps overly defensive of managements in cases like these, generally it's about feathering nests. 

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.05
Change
0.030(0.75%)
Mkt cap ! $155.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.03 $4.08 $4.01 $92.46K 22.96K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 71 $4.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.05 377 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.04pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.02
  Change
0.030 ( 0.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.05 $4.07 $4.01 5996
Last updated 14.41pm 08/05/2024 ?
TRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.