TRS 2.65% $3.30 the reject shop limited

I'd like to add an alternative view, Christmas will be...

1. 119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I'd like to add an alternative view, Christmas will be challenging, no doubt about it.  If the economy is slowing and economists begin calling for a rate cut then could this be the nadir for retail over the next 6/12 months?  With potential stimulus on the way should we look through this period to the other side? Also with falling consumer purchases does it now mean that shoppers higher up the chain now consider TRS as a viably cheaper shopping option? The timing of the offer is impeccable for the reasons mentioned by  Madamswer but selling low at the bottom of the cycle is not usually a smart move, except of course you believe this company is going out of business.  If it was then why the takeover offer.  Surely this business has many cost cutting options up it's sleeve to get EPS back up such as closing a few unprofitable stores and pay the lease break penalty.  If management can get back to their original knitting and concentrate on customer/shareholder value then they are much better positioned than their high debt holding counterparts.  

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.30
Change
-0.090(2.65%)
Mkt cap ! $124.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.39 $3.39 $3.22 $74.31K 22.45K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 250 $3.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.30 2536 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.