PGH 2.45% 83.5¢ pact group holdings ltd

Ann: Intention to Make Takeover Bid, page-149

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    In US, Orgeon Democrat Jeff Merkley is trying to craft framework legislation for a national bottle bill that would set broad performance targets for recycling but largely leave implementation details up to individual,

plasticsnews.com/news/national-bottle-bill-could-make-sense-senator-says?utm_source=pn-daily-report&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230928&utm_content=article1-readmore

And also, world officials will gather at a United Nations meeting in November to start crafting first legally binding treaty on plastics. A final version is expected next year.

Ruffy smelled it, and wanted to privatise Pact as the largest rigid plastic manufacturer in Australia and with its recycling plant. By some time next year, after the treaty is signed, many countries will follow the treaty to legally enforce tax on plastic waste and pushing harder for plastic recycling. Who do you think stands out for its plastic recycling in Australia?

So, I assume that's Ruffy's motive for privatising it now, knowingly it's just one year away. He could have privatised it long time ago, but he chose now because not only it cheap, but the time is right to buy all now and get the profit in a year or two, top.

Hold to the bitter end now I suppose

propublica.org/article/united-nations-seems-to-boost-plastics-industry-interests-critics-say

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
83.5¢
Change
0.020(2.45%)
Mkt cap ! $287.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
81.5¢ 83.5¢ 81.5¢ $3.284K 3.953K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 11151 82.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
83.5¢ 2111 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.