PBH 1.06% 46.5¢ pointsbet holdings limited

Ann: Intention to Undertake a Capital Raise, page-170

1. 1,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Big difference between PBH and APT.

I'm looking to buy in, as I think this will be the FOMO stock for a few months. However I feel that the market has assumed this business will dominate in the US.

This now just levels the playing field, it's now up to the US market to see how they react and if they accept PBH. However they've gone all in on this deal, so if this doesn't work, I don't know what else would.

PBH is a small time player in a huge market with large/well established betting agencies. They have larger spending budgets and can (at any time) go on a spending spree to gain back customers.

All the other betting agencies have TV rights deals with CBS and FOX. Pointsbet aren't the only ones advertising via TV rights.

The market is flooded with betting agencies and the big betting agencies dominate, Flutter and DraftKings come to mind. At the same time UK based businesses are also trying to enter the market.

PBH (at the start of the day) spent half of their market cap on one marketing deal, crazy!

The other betting agencies didn't win this TV rights deal, so either they paid a lot more and took the risk or the others are confident that that they dominate the market so much that they don't need to spend the extra advertising.

Things to consider - will streaming sites win the rights for sporting leagues. There is now a shift towards streaming sports. The younger crowd (target market?) are now streaming sports more frequently.

How many viewers will see the Pointsbet advertisements, as this deal is now only limited to Regional TV in the US (due to betting law in the US).

Management is aiming for 10% of the US online betting, so they have high hopes. I personally think they'll get max 5-6%.

This deal now levels PBH with the other major players, if they can't capitalise, I don't think they ever will. I guess only time will tell

Good luck to all holders and hopefully they can deliver!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PBH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $152.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 47.0¢ 46.0¢ $131.7K 283.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13332 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 4598 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PBH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.